Call for papers and posters for HCist 2013 – International Conference on Health and Social Care Information Systems and Technologies, Lisbon, Portugal, October 23-25. Submission deadline May 15th, 2013. See the HCist 2013 Web site / keep reading for more details.
Call for Papers for HCist 2013
International Conference on Health and Social Care Information Systems and Technologies
October 23-25, 2013
All accepted full papers will be included in the conference Proceedings edited by Elsevier Procedia Technology. Papers can also be accepted as posters, and an extended abstract of it will be published in a book of abstracts (with ISBN) or in a CD-ROM (with ISBN). Authors of selected papers will be invited to extend the paper for publication in edited books and in the following indexed international journals (list not yet complete):
- International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics (IJHISI) (about five papers).
- International Journal of Reliable and Quality E-healthcare (IJRQEH) (about five papers).
- International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC) (about five papers)
- Information and Communication Technologies for the Advanced Enterprise: an international journal – ICT’ae (one or two papers).
- International Journal of Web Portals (IJWP) (one or two papers).
Submissions can be made as full papers, short papers, poster papers and industry papers:
- A full paper corresponds to a completed or finished research, including discussion of research findings. Full papers should have between seven and ten pages, considering the template and the guidelines provided;
- A short paper introduces preliminary results of ongoing research. Short papers should be between four to six pages in length, considering the template and the guidelines provided;
- A poster paper introduces initial research, ideas, and models at a discussion phase. Poster papers should have three pages in length;
- An industry paper presents practical approaches to research, applications, tools, solutions, etc., aligned with the conference scope and topics. Page length can vary between four and six pages.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit their manuscript electronically at the Conference webpage: http://hcist.eiswatch.org until May 15, 2013. Submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis.
Conference Co-Chair: Ricardo Martinho (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Portugal
Conference Co-Chair: Rui Rijo (email@example.com) – Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Portugal
Program Chair: Joseph Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org), McMaster University, Canada
HCist Secretariat: email@example.com