SIG SI is sponsoring or will be present at a number of events during the 76th ASIS&T Annual Meeting in Montreal. We hope to see you at many of these and around the conference!
- Saturday Nov 2, 8am-12:30pm: The 9th Annual Social Informatics Research Symposium, featuring a keynote by William Jones of Indiana University, seven paper presentations by social informatics scholars, and the presentation of our 2013 Best Social Informatics Paper and Best Social Informatics Student Paper awards. View the full schedule.
- Sunday Nov 3, noon: New Members / First Conference Brunch
- Sunday Nov 3, 7pm: Welcome Reception / SIG RUSH
- Monday Nov 4, 10:30am-noon: Panel: “Social Informatics: Now and Then“ with SIG SI officers Pnina Fichman (Indiana), Howard Rosenbaum (Indiana), Kristen Eschenfelder (Wisconsin-Madison), and Noriko Hara (Indiana), along with social informatics scholars Madelyn Sanfilippo (Indiana), Steve Sawyer (Syracuse), and Eric Meyer (Oxford). A decade after the passing of Rob Kling, these scholars will come together to discuss the past and current state of social informatics research. The panelists will provide an overview of the trajectory of social informatics from its emergence in Norway in the early 1980s to its current status as a scientific and intellectual movement uniquely positioned to investigate computerization and society. Conference attendees can view the full panel description in the ASIS&T 2013 proceedings.
- Monday Nov 4, 12:30-1:30pm: SIG SI Business Meeting in Salon 4. All are welcome to attend. We especially welcome those interested in discussing the future efforts of SIG SI and volunteers who are interested in serving in an officer position or other support positions in the SIG, contributing to our efforts in ASIS&T and beyond!