iConference 2016: Early-bird registration available through Jan. 18, 2016
20-23 March, 2016, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Conference Home: http://ischools.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5df329b9f6cb938d048ab4dc2&id=0ae72cdd4b&e=a434a722a2
iConference 2016 registration is now open. Discounted early rates are available through Jan. 18, 2016. Register today to secure the early rate!
The iConference is an international gathering of scholars and researchers concerned with critical information issues in contemporary society. iConference2016 will take place March 20–23, 2016, at Loew’s Philadelphia Hotel. This year’s theme of “Partnership with Society” examines the dynamic, evolving role of information science and today’s iSchool movement, and the benefits to society. All information scholars, researchers and practitioners are welcome.
The official iConference 2016 schedule will be posted soon, and includes the following:
• 42 completed research papers offering new and interesting perspectives on key topics in the information field.
• 18 preliminary results papers that explore developing thinking and perspectives.
• Nearly 100 poster presentations by present and future thought-leaders in the field.
• 10 workshops and iCommunity sessions carefully selected to provide an immersive experience in specific areas of study.
• 16 thought-provoking sessions for interaction and engagement.
• Myriad socializing and networking opportunities, including our evening Opening Reception, and also our Banquet Dinner at the National Constitution Center.
• Special meetings for iSchools leadership, staff, and practitioners.
• Awards and recognition, including the Lee Dirks Best Paper Award and the iSchools Doctoral Dissertation Award.
Participants are also encouraged to book their lodging in our specially priced room block at the conference hotel. See http://ischools.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5df329b9f6cb938d048ab4dc2&id=4d9de7bac5&e=a434a722a2.
iConference 2016 is presented by the iSchools Organization and hosted by the Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics. Sponsorship opportunities are available!